Last Updated On: November 27, 2019
In this Cookies Policy, we use the term Techmadology (and “we”, “us” and “our”) to refer Techmadology, powered by Quad A Corp. (a sole proprietor business).
What is a cookie?
Cookies are text files containing small amounts of information which are downloaded to your computer or mobile device when you visit a website. Cookies are then sent back to the originating website on each subsequent visit, or to another website that recognizes that cookie. Cookies are widely used in order to make websites work or to work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the site
Cookies do lots of different jobs, like letting you navigate between pages efficiently, remembering your preferences, and generally improving the user experience. Cookies may tell us, for example, whether you have visited our Services before or whether you are a new visitor. They can also help to ensure that adverts you see online are more relevant to you and your interests.
There are two broad categories of cookies:
- First party cookies, served directly by us to your computer or mobile device.
- Third-party cookies, which are served by a third party on our behalf. We use third-party cookies for functionality, performance/analytics, advertising, and social media purposes.
Cookies can remain on your computer or mobile device for different periods of time. Some cookies are ‘session cookies’, meaning that they exist only while your browser is open. These are deleted automatically once you close your browser. Other cookies are ‘permanent cookies’, meaning that they survive after your browser is closed. They can be used by websites to recognize your computer when you open your browser and browse the Internet again.
- track traffic flow and patterns of travel in connection with our Services;
- understand the total number of visitors to our sites on an ongoing basis and the types of internet browsers (e.g. Chrome, Safari or Internet Explorer), operating systems (e.g. Windows or macOS), and screen resolutions used by our visitors;
- monitor the performance of our Services and to continually improve them;
- customize and enhance your online experience; and
- Enable Techmadology and third-party advertising both on and off this website.
We also use a third party, such as comScore, parse.ly, and Google Analytics to gather general information about how people use our website for the purposes of website optimization and analytics.
What types of cookies do we use?
The types of cookies used by us and our partners in connection with the Services can be classified into one of five categories, namely ‘essential website cookies’, ‘functionality cookies’, ‘analytics and performance cookies’, ‘advertising cookies’, and ‘ social media cookies’. We’ve set out some further information about each category, and the purposes of the cookies we and third parties set in the following table.
|Type of cookie||What it does||How to block|
|Cookies necessary for essential website purposes||These cookies are essential to provide you with services available through this website and to use some of its features.||Please see the instructions set out in ‘How to control or delete cookies’ below.|
|Functionality Cookies||Functionality cookies record information about choices you’ve made and allowed us to tailor the website to you. These cookies mean that when you continue to use or come back to the Services, we can provide you with our services as you have asked for them to be provided. For example, these cookies allow us to offer store accessibility options.||Please see the instructions set out in ‘How to control or delete cookies’ below.|
|Performance / Analytics Cookies||We use performance/analytics cookies to analyze how the website is accessed, used, or is performing in order to provide you with better user experience and to maintain, operate and continually improve the website. For example, these cookies allow us to:
1. Better understand our website visitors so that we can improve how we present our content;
2. Test different design ideas for particular pages, such as our homepage;
3. Collect information about site visitors such as where they are located and what browsers they are using;
4. Determine the number of unique users of the website;
5. Improve the website by measuring any errors that occur; and
6. Conduct research and diagnostics to improve product offerings.
|To see an overview of privacy at Google and how to opt-out of certain Google practices, visit https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy
Please also see the instructions set out in ‘How to control or delete cookies’ below.
|Advertising and Tracking Cookies||As you use our website, you will notice that it features advertising. We allow third-party advertising companies to place cookies on our website. These cookies enable such companies to track your activity across various sites where they display ads and record your activities so they can show ads that they consider relevant to you as you browse the web. These cookies are anonymous — they store information about the content you are browsing, but not about who you are.
Cookies also allow us and third parties to know whether you’ve seen an ad or a type of ad, and how long it has been since you’ve last seen it. This information is used for frequency capping purposes, to help tailor the ads you see, and to measure the effectiveness of ads.
|All the ad companies or networks that we work with have their own privacy policies and offer a mechanism for users to opt-out tracking and behavioral targeting available through the ad itself or through the opt-out mechanisms listed in the ‘How to control or delete cookies’ section below.|
|Social Media Cookies||On some pages of our website, third parties that provide applications through our website may set their own anonymous cookies in order to track the success of their applications or customize applications for you. For example, when you share an article using a social media sharing button on our website (e.g., Facebook, Twitter, or Google Plus), the social network that has created the button will record that you have done this. Because of how cookies work, we cannot access these cookies, nor can the third parties access the data in cookies used by Techmadology. Some pages of our website may also contain embedded content, such as video content from YouTube, and these sites may set their own cookies.||Please see the instructions set out in ‘How to control or delete cookies’ below.|
How to control or delete cookies
- Most browsers allow you to change your cookie settings. These settings will typically be found in the “options” or “preferences” menu of your browser.
- If you only want to limit third-party advertising cookies, you can turn such cookies off by using self-regulatory programs such as Your Online Choices, Network Advertising Initiative, or Digital Advertising Alliance.
Need More Information?
Cookies that have been set in the past
If you have disabled one or more Cookies, we may still use information collected from cookies prior to your disabled preference being set, however, we will stop using the disabled cookie to collect any further information.
If you have any questions or comments about this cookies policy, or privacy matters generally, please contact us via email firstname.lastname@example.org